Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple pleasures, lazy contentment

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 126/5
    Given: 166/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Simple pleasures, lazy contentment

It's late morning in Glarnerland, the mountains are powdered with a dusting of snow, a flock of blackbirds is wheeling over the village and it's clearly pretty chilly outside.

Meanwhile, in a freshly tidied flat, I'm onto my third cup of tea, enjoying Vaughan-Williams' Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis, contemplating stacking a fire, catching up on stuff on the internet. Later I might clean up the kitchen a bit and carry on reading Edward Enfield's mildly entertaining and inoffensive 'Greece on my Wheels'.

If the weather clears up this afternoon, I might catch the train up to Netstal and enjoy a pint or three of cider at the Black Country pub I've discovered there.

This is pretty close to the perfect morning (although it would be nicer if my wife was here).

What's your idea of contented chillin'?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Re: Simple pleasures, lazy contentment

You can't measure vague things like "Black Country Pub" - without posting details!!!

Thumbs Up/Down

Exactly what´s the score here???

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyken View Post
    You can't measure vague things like "Black Country Pub" - without posting details!!!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 126/5
    Given: 166/0

Read and smile.

Thumbs Up/Down

My morning today started at 6 am when my 3.5 years old wet her bed. I had to put the sheets in the washing machine and she came into our bed. She kept moving so I didnt sleep much. At 7am! I jumped in the shower and prepared my daughter's breakfast. I prepared her bag and a lunch because they are doing an excursion today.

I did her hair, put her clothes, got my son who woke up and I changed him. I made a cup of coffee and sip it between tasks. My second cup was cold when I got the time to sit and drink it.

I prepared my son's food and my husband fed him after he took his shower and dressed. I opened the tv to watch the Canadian news on TV5 monde at 8am. During the 20 minutes of my news, I argued with my daughter, went in the kitchen 3 times and in my son's bedroom. I missed the half of the news.

At 8:20, hubby and daughter left for school and work. I ran into the bathroom and put some make up and brushed my hair, put some clothes on and prepared a bottle of milk for son.

Just at the moment I put him down for his nap, the door rang at 9am. My Spanish teacher just arrived.

One hour and a half later, son woke up with a huge stinky poo and teacher left for her next class. I changed my son, put him on the floor and let him do a mess in my Tupperware drawer in the kitchen while I can finally have my breakfast and catch up in here a bit...

And now I have to give him his lunch and do some more washing.

So, my perfect morning will basically be the opposite of this busy morning...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/7
    Given: 0/4

With a loved one, simply enjoying the company, banter and chilling. Not much better in life than a hug and a kiss or curled up embraced on a sofa watching a re-run of a movie.

Thumbs Up/Down

What a nice thread!

I woke up to the sunny smiles of my baby girl, and nursed her while her daddy made silly cute noises at her (maybe at me, too!).

Then I went onto poets.org to add to my collection of poems I like to read to her, because they say one should talk to babies a lot and I don't always know what to say ;-)

Just sitting here with the baby I never thought I could have, looking out the window to one of the most incredible views on the planet, knowing that I am surrounded by loving friends and family. I feel overwhelmed with peace, gratitude and absolute luxury.

I hope I can always remember moments like this. It wasn't an easy or certain journey to this point, but boy was it worth it.

Thumbs Up/Down

i have to say i miss a fireplace and warm cup of swiss cocoa....but here in sing it's pretty much going to the pool / beach and mixing with friends and having a BBQ - which is what we did last weekend (with swiss expats here actually)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 4/0

Im trying to call the wedding dress shop but they are not answering. Easyjet flights to Birmingham are super expensive. Cats and dog want my attention and so does my cup of tea. OH is snoring in the other room. At least i woke up without a headache and the sun is shining

Thumbs Up/Down

Reading a book with baby girl sleeping in my arms is pure bliss.

Or reading a book on a sunny bench in the park while the kids are playing.

Or all cuddling together on the sofa watching cartoons on TV.